QUESTION TEXT: Edgar: Some of the pumps supplying water…
QUESTION TYPE: Point at Issue
ARGUMENTS: Edgar says the water pumps are being shut down to protect a small fish. He says this is absurd.
Rafaela points out that the threat to the small fish is a symptom of a threat to the water supply in general.
ANALYSIS: Edgar and Rafaela disagree about why the water supply is being shut down. Edgar thinks it’s just for the fish. Rafaela thinks it’s because of a larger problem which threatens humans.
- Rafaela doesn’t dispute this. Having the water shut off is inconvenient, even if it protects you.
- CORRECT. Edgar agrees, Rafaela disagrees.
- Edgar seems to agree. But, Rafaela doesn’t disagree. She might agree that shutting off the water is a bad idea if protecting the fish were the only reason.
- Neither person mentions the legality of the order.
- Neither person addresses this. Efforts always have the possibility of failure.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions