Newer techniques work better, but aren’t as useful for achieving certain artistic goals.
The old methods are very labor intensive. They’re also error prone, but the artists want the errors.
- The herbal medicines aren’t obviously worse at improving health. And there’s no clear aesthetic goal to using herbs.
- The high rise office building is still modern. To be analogous, the architect would have had to use the architectural drafting tools used by the ancients.
- This is close. But we don’t know why the engineer uses the older design. We do know the artists wanted the flaws that came with old methods.An engineer, on the other hand, isn’t likely to want a supercharger with flaws. Presumably he’s using the older design because he’s judged it to be more effective.
- CORRECT. This has both qualities. Older methods, and older methods used in order to produce flaws.
- This is entirely modern. The artist isn’t using old methods, and he isn’t looking to include errors.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions