QUESTION TYPE: Paradox – Exception
FACTS: The indigenous people of Tasmania and Australia are related. Yet there were major differences between the cultures and technology of the two peoples 2,000 years after the land bridge disappeared.
The Tasmanians had no domesticated dogs, fishing nets, polished stone tools or hunting implements.
ANALYSIS: The four wrong answers will help explain why only the Australians have all the cool innovations. We’re looking for something that does not solve the mystery.
- This helps explain things. The Tasmanians knew how to do all that stuff but just decided to stop.
- CORRECT. If the Tasmanians developed those tools then why don’t then have them now? This adds to the mystery.
- This explains it. The Australians only got the tools after they were separated from the Tasmanians.
- Same as C. Australians only figured it out after they lost contact with the Tasmanians.
- This explains things. The Tasmanians had no contact with the sub-group of Australians who developed the innovations.
Need help with LR? → Sign up hereTry the LSAT Hacks Course
Graeme teaches how to break down arguments, quickly