DISCUSSION: Lines 47-50 say that peat decomposes and releases CO2 when tundra melts.
- CORRECT. Rising temperatures melt permafrost, and that leads to decomposing peat, as stated in lines 47-50.
- Unfortunately, no. Peat releases CO2.
- Peat is decomposing now. More would decompose if temperatures rose further, but the process has already begun.
- We have no idea. There’s no mention of peat at lower latitudes.
- Same as D. There is less warming at lower latitudes, but there’s no mention of where most peat is.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions
Leave a Reply