DISCUSSION: Lines 22-25 say that some crops like corn and sugarcane may grow less quickly, compared to other plants.
- This is possible. The passage say that low photosynthetic plants might gain a new advantage.
- This is exactly what lines 22-25 predict: high photosynthetic plants lost their advantage.
- CORRECT. This isn’t perfect. We’re not told that photosynthetic efficiency is the only factor in plant growth. But it’s still the least consistent answer. Lines 22-25 say that plants with high photosynthetic efficiency lose their edge with high CO2, and this seems to contradict that.
- This could happen. Photosynthetic efficiency is unlikely to be the only factor in plant growth.
- Lines 22-25 don’t tell us anything about leguminous plants. Maybe they hate CO2, and so we should expect they will decrease.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions