DISCUSSION: The last paragraph shows the passage’s views in action. Countries take the argument seriously, and many are focussing on human indicators rather than GNP.
- The economists’ position isn’t even mentioned in the last paragraph. There’s no synthesis of the two views.
- Not so. The third paragraph shows the importance of human indicators.
- The third paragraph does more than this. It expands on the argument by showing how countries are applying the principles.
- Why would the author correct a weakness in his opponents’ argument? He’s disagreeing with them, and thinks their argument is weak.
- CORRECT. “Policy Implications” can be taken to mean: real world implications. The third paragraph shows that countries want to put the passage’s argument into practice.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions