QUESTION TEXT: Mary: Computers will make more information available…
QUESTION TYPE: Point At Issue
ARGUMENTS: Mary argues that computers will let us learn about things without needing to talk to experts.
Joyce argues that computers will lead to more and more specialized knowledge. We’ll need experts to interpret that knowledge.
ANALYSIS: Their point of disagreement is whether we will have more of a need for experts (Joyce) or less of a need (Mary).
- Mary doesn’t say whether or not she even thinks more knowledge will disseminate. She might think computers contribute quite a bit, but we’ll still need expert interpretation.
- CORRECT. Joyce says people will need to turn to experts and Mary thinks computers will reduce the need for experts.
- They agree on this point. It’s just that Joyce doesn’t think ordinary people will understand the information that computers make available.
- Neither of them talked about a dependency on computers.
- Joyce didn’t say that only computer experts could explain information to people.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply