QUESTION TYPE: Must Be True
- Sewage can fill estuaries with nutrients.
- This causes algae.
- This causes microorganisms.
- This kills most of the fish.
ANALYSIS: It sounds like sewage can indirectly kill fish.
Sewage ➞ Algae ➞ Microorganisms ➞ Most fish die
- The passage mentioned that fish die from microorganisms. It didn’t mention fish dying directly from sewage.
- We know that the microorganisms reproduce more quickly when algae is present. We don’t know whether they reproduce more quickly than other organisms. This is the wrong comparison.
- It’s quite possible that sewage poisons fish directly. The fact that sewage has an indirect effect doesn’t prevent it from having a direct effect.
- Sewage is a sufficient condition for algae, but it’s not a necessary condition. There may be other things that cause algae to spread.
- CORRECT. This is a straightforward combination of the facts from the stimulus. You should read all the answers before thinking too hard about any of them: this answer is fairly obviously correct, but the LSAC placed it at the end to make you waste time.
Need help with LR? → Sign up hereTry the LSAT Hacks Course
Graeme teaches how to break down arguments, quickly