QUESTION TYPE: Strengthen
CONCLUSION: We should regulate the information on the internet.
REASONING: We can’t use information unless we can distinguish it from misinformation. The internet has much disinformation.
ANALYSIS: This sounds like a reasonable argument. There’s one big problem though: the author didn’t say that regulation helps distinguish between information and misinformation.
- This weakens the argument by showing that regulation is likely to cause harm.
- This shows that regulation won’t help very much.
- CORRECT. This at least shows that regulation helps solve the problem.
- This tells us that the internet is unacceptable, because we can’t distinguish good information from bad. But this doesn’t show that regulation is the answer.
- This tells us not to regulate.
Need help with LR? → Sign up hereTry the LSAT Hacks Course
Graeme teaches how to break down arguments, quickly