DISCUSSION: There are two parts to this question. You need to find whether the answer was mentioned in each passage, and whether it was the primary purpose of the passage.
I found “primary purpose” to be a good filter. You just have to think “was this really what the passage was about?” in order to realize that some answers were irrelevant. For me, it was fairly clear that both passages were trying to explain why humans can make music. The other information was just context that helped the passages answer that question.
- The passages don’t explain this, and it isn’t the primary point.
- This is only in passage B.
- CORRECT. Both passages cover this. See especially lines 1-2 and 36-37.
- Passage A mentions this in lines 19-20 and elsewhere. Passage B doesn’t mention shared neurology.
- Passage A doesn’t explain this. And passage B doesn’t address it. In fact, the author of passage B may not agree: they say that at the least, all mothers make music.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions