QUESTION TYPE: Strengthen
CONCLUSION: Lichens can replace expensive pollution monitoring equipment.
REASONING: Lichens can detect copper as well as expensive equipment can detect it.
ANALYSIS: This is a very bad argument. We track many types of pollution. Copper is just one type.
We need to know if lichen can track other types of pollution as well as it tracks copper.
- This tells us where to install devices. It doesn’t tell us if lichen works.
- This tells us copper is part of the problem. It doesn’t tell us whether lichen works for other types of pollution.
- This doesn’t tell us whether lichen can detect pollution apart from copper.
- This tells us lichens are easy to grow, but it doesn’t say whether they work.
- CORRECT. This suggests that lichens will track all types of pollutants, not just copper.
Need help with LR? → Sign up hereTry the LSAT Hacks Course
Graeme teaches how to break down arguments, quickly