QUESTION TEXT: Lathyrism, a debilitating neurological disorder caused by…
QUESTION TYPE: Most Strongly Supported
- Lathyrism is caused by eating a legume.
- It affects many domestic animals.
- We can’t seem to infect rats with Lathyrism by making them eat the legume.
ANALYSIS: It’s a reasonable conclusion that rats are generally immune to Lathyrism.
- The physiology of rats doesn’t have to be radically different. Even slight differences can often make a species immune to a disease.
- It actually sounds like the rats ate more legumes. The scientists were trying hard to give them the disease.
- CORRECT. Rats seem to be less susceptible than some domestic animals.
- We have no idea about other wild animals apart from rats. Maybe other wild animals are even more susceptible that domestic animals.
- Hard to say. We could probably infect a domestic animal in a lab.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions