QUESTION TEXT: Due to wider commercial availability of audio…
QUESTION TYPE: Principle – Parallel Reasoning
PRINCIPLE: Audio recordings of authors reading their books have caused a large drop in print sales.
ANALYSIS: A new book product has cut into sales of another type of book product.
The right answer will have a similar pattern: A new X is introduced and takes away sales from other types of X. And the seller of X gains and loses.
- Machines are taking away from labor. But those are different things. The stimulus had two versions of the same product.
- This shows that one product has increased sales of another, different product.
- CORRECT. A new brand of soft drink has cut into the market for soft drinks. Those are the same type of product.
- This is just a little story about how to motivate a child. Work cut into daydreaming, but they’re hardly the same thing.
- This doesn’t even show if one program takes away from the other.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions