DISCUSSION: Postulate means ‘describe’ or ‘theorize’. Mechanism in this case means “method”.
In simpler words, Curie couldn’t tell us how radiation occurred.
- CORRECT. Curie could observe radiation (the phenomenon), but she couldn’t explain it.
- There’s no mention of any experimental machine.
- Scientists didn’t cause radiation (the phenomenon). It existed without their help.
- Huh? Isotopes are never mentioned in the first paragraph. This answer choice is playing with your outside knowledge that radiation involves isotopes.
- No. Theories can be wrong. A mechanism refers to the way that radioactive elements produce radiation, in the real world.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions