DISCUSSION: What a fun question. All you have to do is read the paragraph on jazz and make sure your answer is in there.
- This isn’t said, and it contradicts our everyday experience. Many people like jazz.
- There’s no comparison made between jazz and other types of modern music.
- CORRECT. Lines 34-37 say this. It was the whole point of mentioning jazz. If you got this wrong, take it as a sign that you’re going through the passages too quickly. You’ll do better if you reread sections you didn’t understand.
- We don’t know, the themes of jazz aren’t mentioned.
- We know Ellison liked jazz, but that’s all. We have no idea if jazz influenced literature in general.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions