DISCUSSION: The passage discusses new and old research. It applies the research to decision making in international politics.
- We know people fear risk, but we don’t know why, psychologically speaking.
- The psychological results are more than hypotheses. They’ve been tested and confirmed using experiments.
- There is no talk of research by political scientists. Only psychological research is mentioned.
- CORRECT. The new consideration is that people will take large risks to avoid a certain loss. The other field of inquiry is international politics. Specifically, the Falklands war is discussed.
- What are the two theories? I only see one: the theory of decision making. The new results don’t really contradict the old results, they complement them. The old research never investigated situations with a certain loss.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly