DISCUSSION: The legal scholars used research from another discipline (economics) to correct a mistake in legal scholarship.
You need to find a situation where experts:
- Use information from another field.
- To solve a problem within their own field.
- There’s no debate being settled. And the astronomer’s information comes from within cosmology.
- CORRECT. The drawing instructor uses knowledge from another discipline (physics) to correct a mistake within her own discipline.
- The biologist isn’t settling any debate or correcting a mistake. The biologist likely could have made their point without help from the Olympic athlete.
- Here we aren’t told if the judge’s decision was correct. The judge’s evidence from anthropology might be completely inappropriate.
- The mediator understands the importance of tact. But they’re hardly using knowledge from another discipline to correct a mistake.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions