DISCUSSION: The passage introduces the idea of a proverb, and discusses the origins of the proverbs used by Mexican-Americans. Then it gives examples of how they are used: for education and as a connection to tradition.
- Lines 10-12 say that Mexican-American proverbs have much in common with the European tradition. We have no evidence proverbs are used differently in Europe.
- CORRECT. This covers every paragraph. Paragraph 1 introduces proverbs, paragraph 2 mentions education, and paragraph 3 discusses heritage.
- This only covers the first paragraph. The passage was mainly about how the proverbs are used in the Mexican American community.
- Lines 19-21 say that teaching is just one purpose of proverbs. They’re used for other things. Proverbs are likely also used by everyone in the community, and not just “many” people, which is a vague term.
- This answer doesn’t even mention Mexican Americans. They were the focus of the passage.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions