DISCUSSION: The question says the answer is literally mentioned in the passage. So to be sure about questions like these, check the passage to make certain your answer is there. If you have a good mental map of the passage, you should be able to find a specific reference in 3-5 seconds. If you can’t do this, practice doing it faster.
All of the wrong answers are things that make sense as being factors….but they’re not mentioned in the passage. Common sense can be helpful in evaluating answers, but you can’t use common sense to choose an answer that was totally absent from the passage.
- This sounds like it might be a good idea, but the passage never mentions it.
- The passage never mentions lawyer skill as a factor.
- The passage never mentioned having clients testify in person about mistakes.
- CORRECT. Lines 50-54 say this directly. As long as the information isn’t too negative, stealing thunder can help guide jurors’ views.
- The passage never mentions jury selection.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions