QUESTION TEXT: Which one of the following is a central topic in…
DISCUSSION: The wrong answers will either not be mentioned in one passage, or not mentioned in both.
- Passage B doesn’t talk at all about trends in research.
- CORRECT. In passage A, lines 11-16 talk about how history analyzed the impact of gender on politics and culture. Passage B doesn’t mention gender so explicitly, but broadly speaking the entire passage is about the links between gender, politics and culture. For a specific reference, see line 48.
- Passage A doesn’t mention ancient Rome.
- Line 13 in passage A mentions masculinity. But passage B doesn’t mention masculinity.
- Passage B doesn’t mention “women’s history” at all. They’re doing gender analysis instead.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly