QUESTION TEXT: According to passage A, during the 1990s the…
DISCUSSION: Before answering a question like this, you should find the section of the passage it references.
Here, the question directly references lines 1-4. So you should reread those, and also lines 1-11 in full. Since rereading is much faster than reading, this should only take 5-15 seconds. (I usually half skim)
Once you’ve done this, you know literally everything there is to know about this question, and can move through the answers much faster.
Lines 1-11 say that the study of individual women was replaced by an analysis of the social structures that affect men’s and women’s roles.
- CORRECT. See lines 7-9. They say this directly.
- This isn’t correct. This is the old style of history, where the contributions of individual women were studied (e.g. lines 21-24, the study of women which is now secondary to gender analysis.)
- Gender analysis is its own style of study. Passage A describes what gender analysis consists of, and the passage is discussing new scholarship. It doesn’t say anything about cases where gender analysis was used to reexamine past works.
- Same as C. Gender analysis is a tool used now. Passage A is about current scholarship. The passage doesn’t talk about criticizing past scholarship.
- Only line 15 mentioned “an imagined domesticity”, and that line doesn’t discuss shifts in domesticity.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly