QUESTION TYPE: Paradox
FACTS: Venus and Earth both have to expel heat. Earth does it with volcanos and fissures. Venus doesn’t have those things.
ANALYSIS: The only real possibility is that Venus has some other way to expel heat. On this type of question, just keep your mind open and consider whether the answer would give Venus a way to expel heat.
- That’s nice, but solid rocks won’t help Venus expel heat.
- CORRECT. This shows that Venus doesn’t need openings in its surface. The surface is slender enough to allow heat to escape.
- Same as A. This may be interesting information, but it doesn’t tell us how the heat escapes.
- Surface movement is irrelevant unless it creates fissures that allow heat to escape.
- This is just a fact. Is the atmosphere warm because heat is escaping? If so, how is heat escaping Venus’ core?
Need help with LR? → Sign up hereTry the LSAT Hacks Course
Graeme teaches how to break down arguments, quickly