DISCUSSION: For this type of question, pick the 1-2 answers that seem most likely, then look to the passage to find support.
There will usually be a specific line to support the correct answer. If you don’t support your answers using the passage, you will make mistakes.
- The second paragraph makes clear that corrido writers avoided metaphor because corridos were a very direct form of narrative.
- We’re told nothing about other ballads. They may also be familiar to local audiences.
- Corridos descended from spanish ballads, but that doesn’t mean they use the same imagery. It sounds like corridos use imagery from their local area.
- Rhyme is only mentioned in line 50. Freedom from the constraints of rhyme is never mentioned.
- CORRECT. Corridos share many elements: They’re from the border region (line 9), they’re direct (lines 21-23), they use local imagery (lines 18-20). Even without a despedida we could probably identify them.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly