QUESTION TEXT: Goswami: I support the striking workers at…
QUESTION TYPE: Point at Issue
ARGUMENTS: Goswami thinks that the workers are underpaid. They note that most of them make less than $20,000 per year.
Nordecki does not agree that the workers are underpaid. They note that the average salary is over $29,000.
ANALYSIS: You might think they disagree on the average salary. But that’s not necessarily true!
If Bill Gates walks into a bar then the “average” wealth in that bar is really, really high. Average is just the total divided by the number of people. It can be very deceiving.
If most people make less than $20,000 per year it could still be true that the average is over $29,000 if a few workers earn really high salaries.
The only clear point of disagreement is whether or not the workers are underpaid.
- No. See the explanation above.
- Goswani technically doesn’t say if pay is the primary issue.
- Goswani agrees. Nordecki doesn’t express an opinion because they don’t think the workers are underpaid.
- CORRECT. Goswani says yes and Nordecki says no.
- Neither of them say whether the strike is “reasonable.”
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply