QUESTION TEXT: A running track with a hard surface…
QUESTION TYPE: Weaken
CONCLUSION: The reason people go faster on a hard track is because their foot stays on the ground for less time.
ANALYSIS: There isn’t really any reasoning given. Just look for an answer choice that provides a plausible alternate explanation for why people go faster on hard tracks.
- That’s ok. The argument is just describing what happens on a hard, dry surface. It didn’t claim how often those surfaces are used.
- So? The argument is making a claim about how any individual runner (tall or short) will do on a hard surface versus a soft surface.
- CORRECT. This provides an alternate explanation that at least shows the explanation in the stimulus is incomplete.
- What does this have to do with hard versus soft surfaces? Surface hardness isn’t even mentioned.
- So? We care about how fast people can run on hard tracks and why.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply