DISCUSSION: This question gives us no hints, so we can’t go back to the passage before looking at the answers. We’ll have to evaluate the answers one by one.
Remember the main point of the passage: the autobiographies have innovative structures.
- CORRECT. See lines 17-21. These autobiographies use poetry, sketches and other forms commonly found in literature or other books. Line 36 mentions that the books are departing from the conventions of autobiography.
- Line 20 mentions journal entries, but we don’t know if they were unpublished, and we don’t know if each autobiography used journal entries.
- Careful. We know each author’s cultural background was influential. But the authors may not have analyzed how their cultural background influenced their books’ content.
- We only know this is true of Getting Home Alive. The other authors may have written their own poetry.
- Same as C. The authors used innovative structures. They surely had their reasons and methodologies for doing so. But the passage doesn’t say that the authors explained their methods to their readers.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly