DISCUSSION: See line 44. The author thinks that the book’s structure is ‘well-designed’. The author compliments Getting Home Alive and says nothing negative about the book.
(It’s true that the book may seem confusing, but as the author says, it’s actually well designed.)
So the author likes the book’s innovative structure.
- Total nonsense. The passage doesn’t mention any other books by these authors. And the passage doesn’t express any disappointment with the authors.
- CORRECT. See lines 42-45. The author is aware readers may find the structure confusing.
- Academics aren’t even mentioned in the passage. This is just confusing fluff.
- Same as C. Scholars aren’t mentioned in the passage. This answer is ridiculous.
- Except for line 30, the author never mentions critics. The author does say that the books have revolutionized autobiography (line 52), but they don’t say whether critics have noticed.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly