DISCUSSION: ‘Elimination of whole categories of expense’ refers back to the second paragraph.
Whenever an LSAT line reference refers to an earlier point in the passage, you should find that section and reread it.
The second paragraph said that many costs would be eliminated such as shipping and warehousing. These are retail costs, so D is correct.
- Literary agents will always collect fees. Being an agent is not charity work.
- Digital publishing will still have printing costs. Printing will take place on the spot, but it won’t be free.
- Actually, the third paragraph says publishers will have to pay higher royalties.
- CORRECT. See lines 16-21. Digital publishing will eliminate many costs.
- This answer is throwing in a reference to something vaguely related in an attempt to confuse you. The passage mentioned returning unsold books (line 20), but it never mentioned the calculation described in this answer choice.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions