DISCUSSION: For this type of question it’s important to understand the why’s of the passage:
- Why is the author telling us this?
- Why does he think digital publishing will succeed?
- Why are costs lower with digital publishing?
- Why will publishers be forced to change?
These are things you should already know before starting the questions. If you don’t know the answers to these questions, use this question as a review exercise to improve your understanding of the passage.
- Nonsense. The transition will happen because books are available digitally and because the technology exists to print them.
- The author never said exactly why the new digital model will be accepted. It’s true that low costs will make it affordable (lines 16-20), but the author never explained why people wouldn’t prefer entirely e-books, rather than digitally printed books.
- CORRECT. Literary agents are mentioned on lines 38-41. Agents will recognize that the publishing landscape has changed, and ask for higher royalties for their authors. If publishers don’t comply, then they will send their authors to new publishing houses (lines 44-46).
- The passage doesn’t mention how books are marketed.
- The passage never says how many people will be familiar with new publishing methods.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly