DISCUSSION: For an inference question, you should try to justify your answer using lines from the passage. Many trap answers sound plausible but have no support from the text.
If you have trouble finding line references, then you should practice forming a mental map of the passage, and finding lines references on review. You can get much faster at it. Most of my students learn to find lines in 2-3 seconds, at most.
- CORRECT. See lines 47-51.
- The author never said that digital publishing will be threatened. He presents its success as inevitable.
- The author never mentioned how retail would be affected by digital publishing.
- The author never made claims about all books. Maybe a very small number will require traditional publishing methods for best quality. And the author didn’t say digital publishing will increase sales compared to the old method. Rather, it will replace traditional publishing. Book sales might drop regardless, for other reasons.
- The author only says publishers can reduce shipping and warehousing costs. But authors presumably still have to market digitally published books.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions