QUESTION TEXT: The television show Hemy was not widely…
QUESTION TYPE: Strengthen
CONCLUSION: Lots of people watched Henry because it was right after That’s Life. People did not watch Henry because they liked it.
REASONING: Few people watched Henry before it was moved to Thursdays after That’s Life. Then lots of people watched it. Then few people watched it once it was moved again, to Wednesdays.
ANALYSIS: Why would people watch a show they didn’t like? Well, they might have watched it because it was directly after a popular show and they didn’t feel like getting up from their chairs. We want to strengthen this possibility.
- This doesn’t affect anything. Few people watched Henry before it was moved to just after That’s Life.
- This doesn’t change anything. We don’t know if that show has few viewers because it is bad or because the time slot is bad.
- CORRECT. This slightly strengthens the argument. It seems there is a boost if your show is on just after That’s Life. That could mean it was the timeslot that made Henry popular.
- This actually weakens the argument. Maybe people liked Henry but they liked the second most popular show even more.
- This just tells us a fact about That’s Life. But we don’t know if Henry aired after That’s Life during this period or not.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply