QUESTION TEXT: In a poll of eligible voters conducted…
QUESTION TYPE: Paradox – Exception
FACTS: A poll indicated that more voters surveyed supported Panitch than any other candidate. Yet Yeung won the election by a large margin.
ANALYSIS: There are many reasons polls can be inaccurate. We need four for the wrong answers.
Before answering this sort of exception question, try to think of a few reasons that could work. It will help you eliminate the choices that do offer explanations.
- CORRECT. This makes things more confusing. Yeung won even though he had fewer supporters who could vote.
- This could mean that Mulhern’s voters all decided to support Yeung.
- This would show that the survey could have been biased towards Panitch.
- This shows that Yeung’s supporters were more motivated and thus more likely to actually go vote.
- This shows that the survey sample was not representative of all voters.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply