QUESTION TEXT: Telephone companies are promoting “voice mail” as…
QUESTION TYPE: Weaken
CONCLUSION: Voice mail will soon make answering machines obsolete.
REASONING: It is more convenient, more flexible and less expensive than an answering machine. And it provides the same service.
ANALYSIS: Well, we know how this one actually played out – this LSAT is a bit old. Try and ignore the fact that voicemail actually did win.
We’re told several advantages for voicemail. The right answer provides an advantage for answering machines.
(“Answering machines” were machines that used physical tape to record messages)
- This is actually an advantage for voicemail.
- This doesn’t tell us what will happen once voicemail is introduced.
- This proves there is no risk to voicemail. This should encourage signups.
- CORRECT. This is a major benefit for answering machines. You might not want to answer some calls. People may decide not to switch.
- This should be an advantage for voicemail since it isn’t limited by the tape in a person’s home.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply