QUESTION TYPE: Method of Reasoning
ARGUMENT: The shipping manager points out that several departments are each individually critical to the company’s success. Therefore priority can’t be given to every department.
ANALYSIS: The manager points out that the sales department is not uniquely essential. The salesman’s argument could be made about several departments.
- The manager admits that the sales department is critical. But so are other departments.
- Highest priority is clear: the department with the most priority.
- The manager didn’t claim that other departments are more vital. He just said that they are also vital.
- CORRECT. If the salesman were correct then several departments would all have to be given “highest priority.”
- Actually the manager indicates that the sales department is quite typical. Many departments are essential.
Need help with LR? → Sign up hereTry the LSAT Hacks Course
Graeme teaches how to break down arguments, quickly