QUESTION TEXT: The main conclusion of the argument is…
QUESTION TYPE: Main Point
CONCLUSION: Plastics do less harm to the environment than paper does.
REASONING: Plastics make up a smaller portion of trash than paper (whether measured by weight or by volume.) The damage that a given amount of trash does is about the same whether the trash is paper or plastic.
ANALYSIS: The main point is that plastic is currently less harmful than paper, despite the fact that many people think otherwise.
- This is true but it isn’t the main point. The argument goes on to note that this makes plastics less harmful overall.
- The argument doesn’t even talk about the weight-volume ratio. The main point is that plastic is less harmful than paper.
- This is true but its only part of the main point. The main point is that popular opinion is wrong and plastics are less harmful.
- This isn’t necessarily true. We might need a lot more plastic if we replaced printer paper with plastic paper (for example.)
- CORRECT. Currently plastic is less harmful than paper, because it constitutes less of our garbage.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions