QUESTION TEXT: Consultant: Most workers do not have every…
QUESTION TYPE: Most Strongly Supported
ARGUMENT: Freelancers produce high quality work because every piece written by a freelance author is evaluated for quality. Most workers do not have every item they produce judged for quality.
ANALYSIS: This sounds like a reasonable argument. A regular worker can slip up sometimes without consequence. But if a freelancer’s quality drops they will stop getting paid.
There is a trick here: freelancers are workers too.
- Not necessarily. It could be that freelancers’ work is not evaluated very strictly and that most work produced by workers is evaluated incredibly strictly, even if not all of their work is evaluated.
- CORRECT. Specifically, freelancers are caused to produce higher quality work. Freelance workers are workers too…
- This doesn’t have to be true. The consultant was only arguing that freelancers produce high quality work on average.
- This doesn’t have to be true. The consultant only said that most workers do not have every item evaluated. It could be that some workers do have every item evaluated.
- This could be true (it seems likely) but it doesn’t have to be true. Maybe all workers actually produce terrible work because they aren’t constantly evaluated.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions