QUESTION TEXT: Most doctors recommend that pregnant women eat…
QUESTION TYPE: Paradox
PARADOX: Doctors recommend that pregnant women eat well. But most babies born to women who ate well still develop at least one health problem in their first year.
ANALYSIS: Healthy eating is not necessarily a complete cure. If the babies of women who ate healthy are less sick then this would explain the paradox.
It could be that most babies born to women who didn’t eat well had even more health problems.
- This makes things even more confusing. The women are constantly eating healthy yet the babies get sick.
- This doesn’t explain much. It’s talking about late childhood rather than the first year.
- CORRECT. Women who don’t eat nutritious diets have children that are even sicker. Eating healthy is not a complete cure but it helps.
- This just tells us something about medical problems. It doesn’t explain why children get sick.
- This just tells us something about how often doctors reaffirm their recommendations. It doesn’t explain why children still get sick despite the recommendations.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions