QUESTION TEXT: Stephen's response to Zachary proceeds by (A)…
QUESTION TYPE: Method of Reasoning
CONCLUSION: Stephen concludes that we should not strip the frescos down to the original fresco work.
REASONING: Stephen points out that Michelangelo may have added details to the frescos himself after the paint had dried from the original fresco work.
ANALYSIS: Zachary is assuming that Michelangelo never added more than a single coat of paint to the fresco. Stephen implies that Michelangelo might have added an extra coat of paint.
- CORRECT. Zachary is assuming that Michelangelo only painted the first layer. But Stephen points out that painters commonly added extra layers.
- Stephen didn’t redefine any words. His answer is only a sentence long and talks about when painters redid work.
- Stephen doesn’t explicitly draw a conclusion. Instead he merely implies that Zachary is wrong.
- Stephen didn’t say straight out that Zachary was wrong. Instead, he added new information that changed how we should view Zachary’s idea.
- Zachary’s conclusion is consistent with his own premises. But Stephen adds a new premise which casts doubt on Zachary’s conclusion.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply