QUESTION TEXT: Last year a large firm set a…
QUESTION TYPE: Paradox
PARADOX: Three divisions with 25% of the workforce were cut. But the number of employees is only down 15%, despite no new hiring.
ANALYSIS: This is a rare math question. It sounds like the company kept some of the employees from the divisions it cut.
Answers A, C and E don’t even talk about the number of employees.
- This shows that it might have been a mistake to eliminate the divisions. But it doesn’t explain anything about the number of employees.
- This makes it even harder to explain the situation. There was no new influx of workers.
- This explains the method by which some employees left. It doesn’t affect how many of them left.
- CORRECT. The company cut the divisions but it didn’t cut all of the employees.
- This explains how the company still managed to get its work done. But it doesn’t affect the number of employees.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions