QUESTION TEXT: In order to determine automobile insurance premiums…
QUESTION TYPE: Weaken
CONCLUSION: Automobile insurance should cost more if you drive more.
REASONING: A person’s chance of being involved in an accident increases with the number of times that they drive.
ANALYSIS: We need something that shows that high-frequency drivers are also more likely to be safe drivers. Answer choice B does that.
- This doesn’t tell us anything about people who drive frequently.
- CORRECT. This shows that infrequent drivers may actually be riskier than frequent drivers. We should charge them more.
- This shows that infrequent drivers are safer.
- If long distance trips are riskier then this strengthens the argument.
- This strengthens the argument by showing that high-frequency drivers are also higher risk.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions