QUESTION TYPE: Point at Issue
ARGUMENTS: Naima argues that we should adopt the new system as fast as we can. It will operate more smoothly once we switch.
Nakai argues that the cost of switching now would outweigh the benefits.
ANALYSIS: Nakai doesn’t disagree that the new system has benefits. But he also thinks that the costs of switching are too high.
- Nakai thinks that the benefits would occur. But he also thinks that the switching costs would outweigh the benefits.
- Neither of them claims that the proposed new system is the best system possible.
- Nakai agrees the conversion is possible but he thinks it would cost too much to be worth it.
- Naima might think the current system works well enough. But she thinks the new system will work even better.
- CORRECT. Naima thinks we should convert as soon as we can. Nakai thinks that we should keep the current system (and delay conversion) as long as we can.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions