QUESTION TEXT: Essayist: Only happiness is intrinsically valuable; other…
QUESTION TYPE: Complete the Argument
ARGUMENT: We can’t view happiness people deserve all on its own. We also have to consider the happiness that someone brings to others.
ANALYSIS: The final sentence of the argument tells us that we should measure the happiness people deserve based on how much happiness they bring to others.
This leads to C: happiness is judged in terms of happiness.
- The essayist seems to agree that bad people are less deserving of happiness.
- The essayist implies that happiness is valued: we judge the happiness people deserve based on the happiness they bring to others. That shows we value the happiness people bring.
- CORRECT. Happiness is to be determined in terms of how happy we make others.
- There might be other ways for a person to become happy. The argument doesn’t address this point, so it can’t be the conclusion.
- A bad person might be happy. We just wouldn’t think they deserve it.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions