DISCUSSION: See lines 52-53. In the last paragraph, the author disagrees with the scholars. The author thinks the scholars have ignored the fact that Parliament has unlimited power now.
- The author agrees with this; that’s why lenders gave Parliament lower interest rates.
- North and Weingast might still think that the problem of omnipotence applies to the world’s remaining absolute sovereigns (or dictators).
- Both the author and the scholars agree on this point.
- Everyone agrees on this. It’s in the fourth paragraph.
- CORRECT. In the final paragraph, the author argues that this problem hasn’t been solved, because Parliament is now omnipotent. Lines 52-53 show that the scholars disagree with the author on this point.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly