QUESTION TEXT: Klein: The fact that the amount of…
QUESTION TYPE: Point At Issue
ARGUMENTS: Klein argues that Einstein’s theory is wrong. We have only found 1/10th of the matter predicted by the theory.
Brown argues that the theory has been successful in other areas, so it’s more sensible to conclude that the theory is correct, and that we simply haven’t found the remaining 9/10ths of matter.
ANALYSIS: For point at issue questions, the right answer must meet two criteria:
- Both people have an opinion about the answer.
- The opinions are different.
Most answers fail the first test, because only one author has an opinion about the answer.
- Both Klein and Brown agree this is true.
- Klein doesn’t mention whether Einstein’s theory has had successes.
- Neither Klein nor Brown says whether an acceptable alternate theory exists at present.
- CORRECT. Klein agrees. Brown thinks instead that we simply haven’t found all the matter.
- Both Klein and Brown seem to accept that current estimates of matter found are accurate.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions