DISCUSSION: Passage B explicitly mentions a scientific study, and also mentions the cellular structure of muscles. The closest passage A got was saying “neurons fire muscles”.
We’re looking for something passage A doesn’t mention, so I’ll be eliminating the answers by saying that passage A did mention that answer.
- Passage A mentions this on lines 23-24. Also, when they say “starting from the same place” they mean “starting from the same atrophied muscle mass”.
- Passage A mentions this in lines 19-22, describing how strength training may increase the number of neurons you can recruit.
- See lines 13-17. Passage A says that the more you lift, the greater the percentage of muscle fibers a working muscle uses.
- See lines 3-4. Passage A says scientific publications have hardly mentioned muscle memory.
- CORRECT. Passage A doesn’t mention this. Passage B mentions this on lines 42-44.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions