DISCUSSION: The point of the passage is to describe Gray’s work, and show how her early experience with lacquer was formative and influenced her later work in terms of viewing every element of a work as part of a whole.
- The final part of this is wrong. The passage never says that Gray lost people’s respect due to lacquer work.
- CORRECT. This matches. It properly emphasizes lacquer’s role in developing Gray’s aesthetic, and that she was holistic in her work.
- This doesn’t mention lacquer! Every paragraph in the passage mentions lacquer, it was a crucial part of the author’s description.
- Same as C! The right answer has to mention lacquer. It was central to the passage.
- This contradicts the passage. The author never says Gray grew dissatisfied with Japanese art, and the final paragraph makes clear that Gray designed houses with a holistic view.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions