DISCUSSION: The main point was that the painters were important for their stylistic innovations. If artists predicted the future, it was just a coincidence.
- This isn’t even true. We’re not told whether the artists flourished independently.
- CORRECT. This is the author’s opinion, revealed in the third paragraph. The last two paragraphs argue against the second to make this point.
- The second paragraph mentions predicting social changes, but the author disagrees with that paragraph.
- This isn’t even true. Lines 24-28 mention that art can sometimes (incidentally) predict the future.
- This isn’t even true. Lines 24-28 imply that someone might predict the future. The author doesn’t say that nobody can make a correct prediction.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly