DISCUSSION: The Northern Ute decided not to standardize.
- This sounds fine. The Ute decided not to choose between different versions of the same word. So choosing was unnecessary.
- CORRECT. The Ute decided not to make their written language match a single dialect.
- This seems true. The Ute succeeded in teaching their language despite not standardizing.
- Lines 40-42 support this.
- Who could disagree with this statement? It’s so bland. To disagree, you would have to say: “We should standardize, even if it hurts the community.”
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly