QUESTION TEXT: The increasing complexity of scientific inquiry has…
QUESTION TYPE: Must be True
- Science is more complex and therefore many papers now have multiple authors.
- Medical papers with trials in multiple hospitals now tend to have authors from each hospital.
- Physics papers using subsystems from multiple labs tend to have authors from each lab.
ANALYSIS: The correct answer pretty much just repeats the second sentence. This question is testing whether you understand that “usually” means the same thing as “most.”
- The stimulus implies this is rare but it doesn’t say it’s impossible.
- CORRECT. The second sentence tells us this is true. The sentence says “usually”, which is a synonym for “most.”
- This doesn’t have to be true. People from the same institution (e.g. a university) could be spread out over several hospitals.
- Not necessarily. The subsystems mentioned in the stimulus were just an example. There could be physics experiments using multiple labs but a single system. Answer choice B is different. It made clear that the situation was exactly the same as the situation in the stimulus.
- The stimulus actually indicates this is true less often now. More and more papers are authored by multiple people.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply