QUESTION TEXT: Cigarette companies claim that manufacturing both low-…
QUESTION TYPE: Paradox
FACTS: Smokers who smoke a pack of low nicotine cigarettes have the same nicotine level at the end of the day as smokers who smoke a pack of high nicotine cigarettes.
ANALYSIS: The right answer says that we have a max nicotine processing capability. Both types of cigarettes pass that limit.
- CORRECT. The low nicotine cigarettes are already over our max nicotine limit.
- The study was about smokers who smoked equal amounts of cigarettes. This general tendency isn’t relevant.
- This makes the situation even more confusing. If most nicotine is absorbed it’s puzzling that people smoking high-nicotine cigarettes didn’t have more.
- Tar doesn’t matter. This stimulus is only talking about nicotine.
- This tells us what happens when you quit smoking. But the stimulus was talking about people who smoke a pack per day.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions